After a looong time off baking i decided to recreate one of my favo
urite bakes. As one of my first blog entries, i want to share the process with you!
- 200g of sugar
- 200g of butter
- 200g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp of custard (optional but it reduces the chance of your cake being dry)
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
For the decorations:
- Icing sugar
- Pink food colouring
- 2 bars of white chocolate
- Shop bought mini meringues
- Raspberry Jam
(of course anything used in decoration is optional and/or can be altered for different flavours)
- Mix together the 200g of butter and 200g of sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Once fully combined, add four eggs and mix. (don’t worry, it always looks disgusting at this point) You can add the custard at this point too.
- Mix in the flour, i tend to do this taking 1/4 of the flour at a time.
- Then add the vanilla essence.
- Separate the mixture into different cake tins, use as many of as little as you like (add more ingredients if you are making a bigger cake!) In this cake, i used 3 tins.
- I usually cook them at 190 degrees Celsius for about 15-20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Check they’re done with a knife, if you pull it out clean they’re ready!
- Take them out the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy (it also starts to appear white) I added pink food colouring at this point.
- Sandwich the cakes together using a little of this butter cream and a little of the raspberry jam.
- I then covered the cake in this butter cream.
- I melted the two bars of chocolate in the microwave, then poured this over the cake to get the affect that it was dripping.
- To finish i decorated the cake with the mini meringues and fresh raspberries.
Love Meg X